- 2021-Present | Data Librarian for the Health Sciences, Yale University.
- 2021 | Bioinformatics Analyst, Data Curator, Sage Bionetworks.
- 2020-21 | Associate Bioinformatics Analyst, Data Curator, Sage Bionetworks.
- 2018-20 | Research Assistant, University of Washington — Information School — Open Data Literacy Project.
- 2019 | Metadata Intern, City of Seattle.
- 2015-19 | Owner, Writer, & Editor, Kaitlin Throgmorton, LLC.
- 2011-16 | Communications Specialist & Volunteer Recruiter, North Carolina Guardian ad Litem.
- 2010-11 | Marketing Assistant, Top Flight, Inc.
- 2020 | MLIS — Library & Information Science, University of Washington.
- 2010 | BA — English & Spanish, Covenant College.
- 2021 | Guest Lecturer, Data Curation I, University of Washington, Information School.
- 2021 | Guest Lecturer, Data Curation II, University of Washington, Information School.
- 2019 | Teaching Assistant, Information Literacy for Health Sciences, Seattle Central College.
- 2019 | Volunteer Leader, Arduino Co-Design Session: Solving Everyday Problems with Arduino, Seattle Public Library.
- 2015 | Lead Facilitator, Volunteers Recruiting Volunteers, North Carolina Guardian ad Litem.
- 2020 | Student Representative, iSchool COVID-19 Response Task Force, University of Washington.
- 2019-20 | Co-President, Association of Library and Information Science Students (ALISS), University of Washington.
- 2011-2016 | Marketing Team Member Volunteer, Activate Good.
- Palmer, C.L., Weber, N., Throgmorton, K., & Norlander, B. (2021). Public Libraries and Open Government Data: Partnerships for Progress. Library Journal. https://www.libraryjournal.com/?detailStory=public-libraries-and-open-government-data-partnerships-for-progress
- Throgmorton, K.F., Norlander, B., & Palmer, C.L. (2020). Open data in public libraries: Gauging activities and supporting ambitions. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 57(1). https://doi.org/10.1002/pra2.321
- Throgmorton, K.F., Norlander, B., & Palmer, C.L. (2019). Open Data Literacy and the library. Alki: The Washington Library Association Journal, 35(2), 27–29.
- Palmer, C.L., Weber, N., Norlander, B., & Throgmorton, K.F. (2019). Advancing open data: Aligning education with public sector data challenges. Poster session presented at iSchool Research Symposium, Seattle, WA.
- Throgmorton, K. (2017). Open educational resources: Redefining the role of school librarians. American Libraries, 48(9-10), 16.
- Throgmorton, K. (2017). Mental health first aid: Training librarians to help patrons in crisis. American Libraries, 48(3-4), 22.
- Throgmorton, K. (2017). The future of library cards: Technology makes library resources more accessible. American Libraries, 48(1-2), 22.
- Throgmorton, K. (2016). A balancing act: Shared spaces in libraries. American Libraries, 47(11-12), 20.
- Throgmorton, K. (2016). Recruiting and retaining volunteers: Cultivating a successful program requires time and effort, but the payoff can be worthwhile. American Libraries, 47(6), 42.